Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Latest

What have we been up to? Well, last week was reading week for Ryan and Saturday just so happened to be my birthday! So we decided to take advantage of time off, a reason to celebrate and Ryans parents' kindness. We thought it would be fun to go to Ryan's family cabin in Rocky Mountain House for a few days and just hang out, do some cross country skiing and some skating on the lake. Doesn't that sound like it would be a great time? We sure thought so. So, we dropped Kennedy off at Ryan's parents and went on our way!

The only downside to this plan was that we (mostly me) forgot that we lived in Alberta! Man, I have never been so cold in my life! It was not what we hoped for. We got to the cabin and it was probably colder inside than out (and outside was a whopping -30C). Ryan built a fire in hopes of heating the place up. I sat bundled up as much as possible and sat as close to the fire as possible, but all to no avail! I didnt warm up once in the whole 5 hours we were there! Ryan did manage to get me outside and do a little skiing, but after all my whinning and complaining, we packed up everything and headed to his Grandma's place to spend the next couple of days. She was kind enough to let us use it while she was gone.

Now we could relax, not be frozen and just laze around, which is exactly what I wanted to do!


Here I am under about 5 blankets trying to find some warmth

I burnt my mits on the fireplace trying to get them warm. My sock burnt while it was on my foot.

In other news, Kennedy's new favorite thing is finger painting. She usually does this once a day.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures of Kennedy! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, looks like your hands started on fire! i thought you guys were crazy for going out there because of how cold it was... if only we could get a new HEATED cabin! but it must have been nice to just get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete